Advantage of plastic
1. Most plastics have strong corrosion resistance and do not react with acids and alkalis.
2. Plastic manufacturing costs are low.
3. Durable, waterproof and light weight.
4. It is easy to be molded into different shapes.
5. It is a good insulator.
6. Plastics can be used to prepare fuel oil and fuel gas, which can reduce crude oil consumption.
Disadvantage of plastic
1. When recycling waste plastics, it is very difficult to separate and economically uneconomical.
2. Plastics are easy to burn and produce toxic gas when burned. For example, toluene is produced when polystyrene is burned. A small amount of this substance can cause blindness, vomiting and other symptoms when inhaled. The burning of PVC can also produce toxic gas of hydrogen chloride. In addition to burning, the high temperature environment will cause the plastic to decompose toxic components, such as benzene. .
3. Plastics are made from petroleum refining products, and petroleum resources are limited.
4. Plastics can rot after being buried under the ground for hundreds of years.
5. Plastics have poor heat resistance and are prone to aging.
6. Due to the inability of natural degradability of plastic, it has become the number one enemy of mankind, and has also led to the tragedy of many animal deaths.